Requirements for this list:
- I can’t remember its name
- feh: super-fast image viewer
- byobu: excellent pre-built screen profile for Ubuntu
- pavucontrol: volume control that allows per-program loopback (useful for recording output sound)
- inno setup: windows installer creation
- ksnapshot: screen-capture utility that is more full-featured than the default gnome one.
- pdfmod: edit PDFs by moving pages around and deleting them. It’s in apt.
- gobby: collaborative, real-time text editor with syntax highlighting. It’s in apt.
file libutil_la-utils.o libutil_la-utils.o: ELF 32-bit LSB relocatable, ARM, version 1 (SYSV), not stripped
- tex4ppt: latex plugin for powerpoint
- xev: event tester for X Windows.
- PDF-XChange Viewer: PDF markup via wine, works perfectly on Linux.
- xte: Simulate keypresses in Linux, e.g.:
xte "keydown Control_L" "keydown Alt_L" "key Down" "keyup Control_L" "keyup Alt_L"
- shutter: One of the best screenshot tools for linux. It’s in apt.
- kazam: One of the best screen recorders for linux. It’s in apt.
- callgrind: A nice profiler. See Jenny’s howto here: Profiling Code in ROS
- file: Returns information about a file, such as its arcitecture if it’s a binary library:
- kpartx: Used to mount multiple paritions from the same dd image. Howto.
- yakuake: Dropdown shell from the top of your screen.