Editing 120 fps GoPro Hero 4 Black 1080p video without video conversion.
- Install AviSynth and VirtualDub for Linux
- Make sure you are using a recent version of VirtualDub (>= 1.10).
- Install the FFMpegSource plugin by downloading it (version 2.20-icl only) and placing all of it’s files from:
~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/AviSynth 2.5/plugins
- Finally, open your MP4 file in your .avs:
a = FFAudioSource("GOPR0002.MP4")
v = FFVideoSource("GOPR0002.MP4")
v = AudioDub(v, a)
- (Optional, allows VirtualDub to open MP4 files directly)
Download FFInputDriver and unpack it into
Note: this is important because the AviSynth plugin seems to fail when loading huge files. Use this to open your source in VirtualDub and then trim to the relevant part.
I’ve also been using the avisynth GUI proxy with wine along with Avidemux (in apt-get as avidemux) to improve load times on Linux.
- File > Connect to avsproxy in Avidemux