I am currently working on developing control systems for making small aircraft fly through dense forests at high speed.
- Andrew J. Barry, Tim Jenks, Anirudha Majumdar, Huai-Ti Lin, Ivo G. Ros, Andrew Biewener, and Russ Tedrake. “Flying between obstacles with an autonomous knife-edge maneuver.” Video track, Submitted, 2014.
- Andrew J. Barry, Anirudha Majumdar, and Russ Tedrake. “Safety Verification of Reactive Controllers for UAV Flight in Cluttered Environments Using Barrier Certificates.” In Proceedings of the 2012 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA), 2012.
- Andrew J. Barry, Noah L. Tye, Mark L. Chang. “Interactionless Calendar-Based Training for 802.11 Localization,” In Proceedings of the 7th IEEE International Conference on Mobile Ad-hoc and Sensor Systems, November 2010. (Recipient of National Science Foundation conference grant)
- Elena Oleynikova, Nicole Lee, Andrew J. Barry, Joseph Holler, David Barrett, “Perimeter Patrol On Autonomous Surface Vehicles Using Marine Radar,” InProceedings of Oceans ’10 IEEE Sydney, May 2010.
[pdf] [bibtex] [AVI 10x Speed]
- Andrew Barry, Benjamin Fisher, Mark L. Chang, “A Long-Duration Study of User-Trained 802.11 Localization,” In Proceedings of the Second ACM International Workshop on Mobile Entity Localization and Tracking in GPS-less Environments (MELT 09), 197-212, September 2009. (Best paper award, best presentation award)
- Andrew J. Barry. Flying Between Obstacles with an Autonomous Knife-Edge Maneuver. Master’s thesis, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2012.